Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Polished concrete floors - thoughts?

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Polished concrete floors - thoughts?

In working with the industrial style of a new house I'm planning to build, I'm tryignt o decide on flooring.

I love timber but I also love polished concrete. Does anyone have polished concrete? What are the pros and cons?

I assume there's an issue with the flooring being colder, but how much of a difference does it actally make? Is it worth the look?

Also if you know how much I can expect to pay per sqm it'd be great to know! Or...maybe it's easy enough to do myself :smile:

cfloor1.jpgcfloor2.jpgcfloor3.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
ST3V3
Just Starting Out

Re: Polished concrete floors - thoughts?

Have to look at only using experienced professionals to do the job. Make sure you get referrals and they have high standards. My brothers dream home was ruined by a cracked floor. Best of everything in that home and a small hairline crack right through the middle of family room destroyed two years of hard work.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Polished concrete floors - thoughts?

Welcome to the Workshop community @ST3V3.

It's great to have you join us and many thanks for jumping straight into the conversation with some valuable first-hand experience. I'm sure you'll also find plenty of inspiration provided by community members for your own projects around the home and garden. If you ever need any advice or have something to share with the community please let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects