Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pressure cleaner suggestions wanted

Trisha
Getting Established

Pressure cleaner suggestions wanted

Good morning All,

any suggestions what kind of power (watts) is required for me to effectively maintain the upkeeping and cleanliness around the home and car please?

Is a 1400 watts with 5m power cord all I need for around one hundred bucks or should I be spending more monies?

Keep well,

Trisha

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Suggestions what kinda pressure cleaner?

Welcome to the Workshop community @Trisha. Great question, I'd be happy to give you some advice.

The product Karcher 1400w k2 Basic Plus High-Pressure Cleaner is suitable for upkeeping the cleanliness around the home and car. I've personally been using similar powered units for many years now and haven't had any issues.

What is worth considering though is the effectiveness of those units. A unit with a 1400w motor producing 1600psi will do the job, but it will do it significantly slower than the next model up Ryobi 1800w 2000psi Pressure Washer. This continues incrementally up the range as the more you pay the bigger the motor and the faster the job will get done.

Another thing to consider is the width of the jet of water that is produced. The cheaper models generally have a thin jet producing a narrow stream of effective cleaning area. There is nothing wrong with this but over a large surface area, it increases the amount of time taken to clean it.

Accessories which come with the unit also factor into the cost. Would a patio cleaning head be beneficial, do you wish to dispense soap onto your car, is changing jet spray needed? All things that are worth considering given they will add to the versatility of the product.

The unit I am currently using and have been most happy with is the Gerni 1500w 1810psi Classic High-Pressure Cleaner. The benefits of this model are the cleaning power is higher than the base model, patio head for large surface areas,  two jet attachments, 6-meter hose and a foam dispersal bottle. This is the cheapest unit that provides the most accessories and features within the range.

If you have other questions or need further assistance with the range of pressure washers, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Trisha
Getting Established

Good morning Mitchell,

thanks for your sound advice.

Well I did go to my local Bunnings at Byron Bay late last week and was educated even moreso about Gernisby David. So I bought this one which I intend to open and work out how to use in a few days time.

Have a winning week,

Trisha

20200427_093248.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Trisha.

Great choice, I'm sure you will be more than happy with your purchase! Be sure to show us some before and after shots of the cleaning progress.

Mitchell

Trisha
Getting Established

Suggestions what kinda pressure cleaner?

Good morning,

I used my Gerni Classic 115.5 for the first time yesterday and it one of the BEST items that I have ever purchased.

Thanks Bunnings! :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Trisha,

That's fantastic to hear! Many thanks for sharing your experience with the community, I trust members looking to purchase a pressure cleaner will appreciate your feedback.

I'd have to say using a pressure cleaner is one of the very few joys of cleaning the exterior of a property. It's an absolute delight to see moss, dirt and algae get blasted away to reveal a beautifully clean surface underneath. If you manage to take any before and after photos we'd love to see your results.

I'm thrilled you are happy with your purchase.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects