Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recommendations wanted for magnetic door stopper

shery328
Finding My Feet

Recommendations wanted for magnetic door stopper

I am looking for best magnetic door stopper for Pivot Entrance door 2340mm(height) x 1200mm (width). I want to make sure that it can handle this door size weight.

Any suggestions are welcome.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Recommendations wanted for magnetic door stopper

Hello @shery328

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the magnetic door stopper.

I suggest using either the Adoored Large Trumpet Magnetic Door Stop or the Adoored Satin Chrome Rectangle Magnetic Door Stop. Both these door stops can be modified by adding Everhang 12mm Rare Earth Disc Magnet. Please note that these magnets are extremely strong and can pinch your fingers, please handle them with care.

I recommend placing one magnet on the door attachment side to increase its strength. You can then test it out and see if the magnetic latching is strong enough for you. If you wish to make it stronger you can add one more magnet. Please make sure that the magnets are facing the correct way otherwise they will repel each other instead of sticking together.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your magnetic door stops installed.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects