Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Removing lino from floorboards

jsuyat
Cultivating a Following

Removing lino from floorboards

Hey there!

I'm in the infancy of a reno, so will hopefully be getting lots of handy tips from the community here.

My partner and I recently pulled up some of the lino in the kitchen/dining area to see what the condition of the floorboards were underneath.

Pretty excited with what we uncovered (although not sure if I should be worried about the darker stains in the 2nd photo)57882454_1229318130552223_3247169320735735808_n.jpg57162558_323857681861006_3965296670194794496_n.jpg

Any tips on how to remove this more easily? It's quite an effort pulling it up from the floorboards. It's also left a really sticky residue that I'm unsure as to how to remove

Any advice would be great!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Removing lino from floorboards

Hi @jsuyat,

Apologies that you didn't receive a reply to your post while I was absent from Workshop. 

I can see why you would be excited - your floorboards look beautiful. You are really lucky! 

Let me tag resident flooring expert @PJA to see if he has some suggestions for you about removing the glue.   

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects