Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Screen door sizes

StuC
Just Starting Out

Screen door sizes

I would like to buy 2 screen doors but cannot find the size I need. I have 2 new doors at my house, both are the same from bunnings and are a standard size (2040x820). However Bunnings do not stock screen doors that size? I am interested in this screen door (2 of them) https://www.bunnings.com.au/2060-x-820-x-19mm-screen-door-timber-3lite-fresco-3_p2026373 but it is 2060x820. Why do Bunnings not stock screen doors to match the size of front doors?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Screen door sizes

Hello @StuC

The 2060 x 820 x 19mm Screen Door Timber 3Lite Fresco 3 is often specially ordered. Corinthian Doors has informed me that the 2060 x 820 x 19mm Screen Door Timber 3Lite Fresco 3 can be trimmed 5mm on all sides. This will give you a bit of leeway when installing it in your door frame. However, you will have to rebate the top of your timber door frame by 10mm as the screen door will only go as low as 2050mm. I don't recommend cutting any deeper, as it may invalidate your doors warranty.       

The most common adjustable screen doors are often made of aluminium and are for single door applications only. However, if you prefer a timber screen door, your other option is to build one. It might surprise you that it only takes 6 pieces of timber to make a screen door frame. But if you need these doors in a short amount of time, you'll have to engage the services of a handyman or tradesperson. You can even put the job on offer on Hipages or Airtasker.  

If you do decide to build it, I suggest using 89 x 19mm 2.4m DAR Pine Premium. It's light enough that you can build it as a screen frame and strong enough that it can take the abuse of being used every day. If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects