Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should I add a rainwater diverter?

notshyofeffort
Cultivating a Following

Should I add a rainwater diverter?

Hi all 

Hope everyone is safe. 

We have Storm water going into rain tanks and have outlet which takes excess water out. But in recent heavy rains I found that in-spite of the whole thing working effectively with volume of water coming through it spilled over in basement. 

Water wasn't clearing fast enough. I was thinking of putting a diverter in storm water inlet and connect it to outlet and when I know rain water tanks are full and anticipating heavy rain or going on vacation I might just divert directly to storm water drain by putting a T join. Thanks for help in advance.

InkedDSC_0124_LI.jpg 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Rain Water Diverter

Hi @notshyofeffort

If you're looking for a diverter, I suggest using Blue Mountain Co Plumbing 90mm Water Diverter. This will allow you to re-direct the flow of water from your water tank. To get a good secure fit, I suggest using Protek 125ml Red Priming Fluid along with Protek 125ml Type N Blue Cement Solvent. It's important to secure the fittings to prevent getting any leaks.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects