Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tiny homes builder - steel frame version

andipleasance
Growing in Experience

Tiny homes builder - steel frame version

Hi bunny’s 

we are builders of tiny homes in Fairy Hill near Byron bay, and would like to share our experiences on building tiny homes on trailers, so that your kids can have a chance at a small mortgage instead of an impossible one, that you have to have these days.

So we are building a steel framed building on a trailer and I’m going to post some ideas...make sure you insulate any floor in building any home as the costs of heating and cooling is getting expensive.

these tiny homes are off grid and operate on solar power. 

EBEA42D1-9449-4190-881A-03435221968B.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tiny homes builder - steel frame version

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @andipleasance. It's fantastic that you've joined us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

I trust our members can't wait to hear all about the tiny homes you've been building! As you've mentioned, house prices keep going up, and many are now priced out of the market. I'm really passionate about tiny homes, so I will be waiting with bated breath to hear your advice. It was only last night I was browsing for sale ads for a tiny caravan or a trailer to convert myself.

I'll tag another one of our caravan/tiny home enthusiasts @Peggers, as I'm sure he'll be interested in following along as well.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and learning from your experience.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @andipleasance 

Looking forward to your presentation. Just like Mitch and peggers I too am passionate about tiny homes. 

Cheers 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Peggers
Becoming a Leader

@andipleasance Looking forward to seeing your work - I love the tiny homes phenomenon!

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Another one here as well.

Even though I have my own home now, I'm still very interested in tiny homes..

I'm always very impressed about how they get so much into a tiny space and still have a comfortable home to live in..

I'll be watching your progress as well..

andipleasance
Growing in Experience

tiny homes build -steel frame version

  Closing in the main frames from the inside out as it’s really difficult to find a good plumber and electrician when you want one!! So we have to continue fitting out and installing kitchen, stairs and bathroom cabinetry.

here is a pic of the loft bedroom and there will be cupboards at the end of the bed.

C3EB4303-F42E-4BFD-BEB0-5073C89AB8A8.jpegthe ceiling Battons are also installed yesterday 

A90697C1-3595-4607-926B-7C448D1B812F.jpeg

easycraft 9ml wall panelling is the best product I’ve used and if your a good installer you will have almost no join to look at.

below is a pic of the walkway just another stairs 

2BB942AE-2B3B-455F-9410-725AA309B5B8.jpeg

 until next tims

andy

fairy hill ,nsw

Re: tiny homes build -steel frame version

Many thanks for the update on your project @andipleasance. What will be the internal footprint of this home? Do you have any rough plans for the internal layout?

I can't wait for the next instalment!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello @andipleasance 

Fantastic update! I'm was just wondering what the classification of the tiny home is when being driven on the road? Trailer? Motor Home? Special wide load?

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi it’s classed as a caravan on the road for registration purposes and will cost $660 to get it fully registered or $22 for a permit to tow it to a property 

andy

Hi it’s 15sq meters downstairs and the loft is 5 sq meters 

Plan.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects