Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Travertine side table

diydarma
Getting Established

Travertine side table

DIY Travertine side table 
Something similar online was $300+ for solid travertine, so I found how to make my own for $97 
I stood in the glue section of bunnings for too long trying to understand each type - the one I went with bonds well and strong so it’s super effective. You can also use a variety of other glue types too!

Materials

What you need:

3 x @Bunnings Travertine pavers $26 each
1 x @selleysanz araldite super strength Epoxy $16

Tools

Steps

Step 1

Lay the travertine tiles out and arrange them so you can quickly stick them together and leave for 24/48 hours before you move them - remember they are going to be heavy! So never move it by picking it up from the top. 

Step 2

Mix the araldite epoxy solution (the Selleys one was super easy as the two portions are prepackaged). Mine required me to wait 10 minutes before I apply. 

Step 3

When applying the araldite solution, apply on both of the tiles you are connecting so it binds fully. Then secure together for the required wait time (hardest part - waiting).

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Travertine Side Table

Hi @diydarma,

Let me extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have joined and thank you for sharing your lovely travertine side table journey with us. We really appreciate you giving your review that the Selleys araldite super strength epoxy glue was the perfect choice for making your project. Haha I have to agree, waiting for things to dry is so hard. 

Occasionally, projects like yours receive recognition in our Top Ideas articles, like our Top 10 most popular projects of the year. Perhaps your project will be featured there someday. We sincerely hope that Bunnings Workshop remains a valuable source of guidance and inspiration for you.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Travertine side table

Good Evening @diydarma 

I like how you thought outside the square for your Travertine side table :smile: It looks great! How is the araldite holding up? 

I know how you feel standing looking at the different glues :smile: Done it so many times myself.

What stoppers do you have under the pavers?

Dave

diydarma
Getting Established

Re: Travertine side table

Hi Dave!

I had leftover stoppers from a larger pack I bought when I moved house - but something like this does the job - Surface Gard 19mm Beige Round Adhesive Felt Pads - 24 Pack.

The araldite has been perfect! We even attempted a cheeky lift from the top and it didnt budget at all despite the weight. Very impressed :smile:
Alicia

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects