Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Turning Merbau fence panels into furniture

pete_brig
Making a Splash

Turning Merbau fence panels into furniture

Wanted some cheap furniture, preferably not flat pack but real timber, and that fitted my spaces. Found 1800x900 merbau fence panels that I've repurposed.

Table: Made a base then added a panel for the Table top. Treated pine for legs so it can Be re-purposed outside as a bbq Table. 1800x900x700.

IMG_20210407_193104.jpg

Wanted a console table or similar behind the sofa... cut a panel into approx thirds--rearranged strips on 1 piece to get the same pattern/dimension. threaded rod & plenty of nuts & washeRs to make the uprights, castors to allow for access to clean...1800x250x600 (LxWxH)

IMG_20210408_125747.jpgIMG_20210408_180307.jpg

The entertainment Unit Was The 2nd projeCt. Merbau for th leG's was too Expensive for 70x35 so opted for pine but may replace with 88x19 merbau. Unit is 1800x450x800

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: turning merbau fence panels into furniture

Those are some innovative projects using panels @pete_brig. I really like the design you've gone for on the console table and great thinking on the table's treated pine legs.

Many thanks for sharing, as I trust your ideas will spark plenty of inspiration with our members.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
craftyhopper
Making a Splash

Re: Turning Merbau fence panels into furniture

@pete_brig 

love the table idea. We need a new outdoor table and don’t want to spend a fortune either. Will definitely be using this idea. Thanks 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects