Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled chest of drawers

spidler
Finding My Feet

Upcycled chest of drawers

5DA2AB5E-6B69-4734-BE38-EF1B026710D3.jpeg

74AAA83D-74B3-42DD-9520-CE0E2A4769D7.jpeg

4263C7AA-51B8-455E-BA1F-17D052F36073.jpeg

  

563C19C4-1A0D-4604-9F7E-584D3539FBD7.jpeg

FC8F9694-5A39-41CC-B4F9-27D19A8CF609.jpeg

So…. We moved to Perth in October from the uk and unfortunately my physiotherapy degree has to be converted to work here, this meant I have had a lot of time and needed a new focus! I have two small boys who keep me busy but I decided I could do upcycling from home! 

I saw this sad looking chest of drawers with a drawer missing and thought….perfect! 

After a lot of sanding, paint, new handles, love, a lot of terrible singing in the garage and a new wine rack addition……he has a new life!!! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How could you let this beatiful wood to go waste

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @spidler. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your amazing project.

What a tremendous upcycling project and I trust you are delighted with the results. Congratulations on turning this aged furniture piece into a functional and beautiful addition to your home. I must say I'm a great fan of the stroke of genius with wine bottle storage.

What was the colour called that you used? I love it.

Well done, and I can't wait to see what project you complete next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How could you let this beatiful wood to go waste

Aw thank you so much Mitchell. 
Yea I am super pleased with how it’s turned out and the wine rack actually works really well. The colour is Dulux Surf n dive. It’s beautiful, 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects