Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Updating a tired BBQ area on a budget

MCJ
Finding My Feet

Updating a tired BBQ area on a budget

20200413_142917.jpg

20200413_143651.jpg

20200127_142016.jpg

We removed the checker plate. Painted all the green in monument.  Laid tiles on half the backslash and bench. Hand laid pebble mosaic for the other half of the backsplash. Added a bench set , stained and lacquered with a marine quality lacquer.  All products were purchased at Bunnings, including tile adhesive, grout, BBQ and bag of pebbles for the mosaic backsplash

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Updating a tired BBQ area on a budget

Hi @MCJ,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We are pleased to have you join us and share your updated BBQ area. You'll find Workshop to be a great source of inspiration and advice. If you ever need assistance with the forum please feel free to give me a shout. 

You have done a spectacular job updating your BBQ area and I might add with a view like that I would be on the grill all the time! It is really amazing what a fresh new coat of paint can do to a space. Any tips or tricks to share with someone looking to update their BBQ? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MCJ
Finding My Feet

Thankyou Katie.😊

TIP: I chose to do the mosaic pebbles as the BBQ area was not square and tiles would not have fit without lots of small cuts.  It was a good "cheating" option that looked great too.

Choose smaller, similar sized pebbles so they adhere better and are not loose when grouting. 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Great tips! The mosaic pebbles are working smarter not harder. Thank you @MCJ 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects