Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall mount tv- steel frame

holmess
Finding My Feet

Wall mount tv- steel frame

Hey Everyone,

So I want to mount my tv but I have a steel frame, can anyone recommend fixings etc needed for the job? 

I also have the cable clear kit from Bunning but I'm worried that the path I want to take for it will run into a horizontal cross beam between the studs, is there a trick around this?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wall mount tv- steel frame

Hi @holmess. I'd be happy to assist with your question.

Are there steel frames which match up to the mounting holes on your tv mounting bracket? A stud finder will be helpful in determining that, it will also assist in the path for the cable. If there are frames which match the mounting holes you can use Zenith 10g x 50mm Gold Passivated Countersunk Head Metal Screws or spring toggles to fix directly into the steel frame.

If you find it hard to locate a steel frame in the correct position, you can mount a piece of timber to bridge the gap. The tv mount can then be fixed directly into the timber where you choose.

If you need further assistance or had other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell this is super helpful cheers mate :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @holmess. I'm glad I can assist.

Please let me know if you run into any issues along the way as I am more than happy to guide you through the process.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects