Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What are the cost effective option for a large lounge wall cladding

sper
Building a Reputation

What are the cost effective option for a large lounge wall cladding

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some inspirations for wall cladding ideas plus an economical option as I lookup the timber pine panels like this one https://www.bunnings.com.au/porta-20-x-12mm-2-4m-moulding-pine-dar-clear_p0088670 to use for wall cladding but thats going to be a bit over my budget for the size of my wall(W3.5mxH2.4m).

Wondering if anyone in the community has done such a project before and what did they use for it.

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What are the cost effective option for a large lounge wall cladding

Hi @sper,

If you were planning to paint the cladding, you could cut down a 2400 x 1200mm 12mm MDF Panel Standard into 20mm strips. You'd need to use a circular saw as these cuts aren't something we can do in-store. You might also like to experiment with coating the MDF with varnish. It looks better than what you'd expect. My father made a large TV cabinet out of it, and the varnished MDF looked great.

Another option would be 2400 x 1200mm 12mm Lining Panel White MDF Primed Batten 25mm. Indeed, a higher price figure than cutting your own strips but still far less than the individual moulding. The installation would also be a breeze.

Let me mention a few of our talented members @craftyhopper, @Monika1, @EleventhCoastal and @Megarakawa, to see if they had any thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects