Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What paint is best for inside wardrobe/linen cupboards

Becshouse
Growing in Experience

What paint is best for inside wardrobe/linen cupboards

This may be a silly question but clearly I’m new to all of this. 
I’d like to paint the inside of my wardrobes and linen cupboards before I move into a new (to me) apartment. 

What’s the best paint for shelving etc that will have clothing placed directly on top? Recommendations on type of sanding/prep work I should do also

EE522E6B-561E-435D-B6CA-7273936ED632.jpeg

greatly appreciated. Hoping I can do it by hand? 

Many thanks 😊 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What paint is best for inside wardrobe/linen cupboards

Hi @Becshouse,

The Dulux renovation range will do an exceptional job on the inside of your cupboard. You'll find all the preparations steps on the Dulux product page. Make sure you use the Renovation primer and apply it to a clean surface. Sugar soap is the preferred product to clean the shelving before washing with fresh water.

Alternatively, I'd recommend you consider thoroughly washing out the inside of the cupboard and using Boyle 1.5m x 45cm Self Adhesive Film - White Gloss to cover all the surfaces. This would be a quick and straightforward alternative to improve the look drastically.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to paint laminate kitchen cabinets.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Becshouse
Growing in Experience

Re: What paint is best for inside wardrobe/linen cupboards

Thanks so much @MitchellMc !

Due to my ability (or lack of) to cut straight, I think I'll stick to the painting. I'm likely to end up with bubbles and strange lines if I go with the adhesive film! Good to keep in mind though. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects