Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find home window tinting service in Canberra?

szp895
Just Starting Out

Where to find home window tinting service in Canberra?

Does anyone know where to find home window tinting service in Canberra? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: home window tinting service

Hi @szp895

Have you thought about doing this as a D.I.Y. project? It may seem challenging at the start, but once you have your first film installed the rest of the house will be a piece of cake. Not only will you have gained a useful skill, but you'll save a bundle on installation expenses. If you happen to have a spray bottle, squeegee, and tea towels, all you would need to pay for would be the window film.

There are several choices when it comes to window film. They range from glare control, embossed privacy, frosted finish, and mirror finish. They come in two-meter and ten-meter lengths. I suggest trying a two-meter length for one window so that you'll get a feel for how it's done. My number one tip is to make sure your film is cut to the correct size before installing it.

However, if time is of the essence, I suggest doing a google search for the closest installer in your area. You can also try hipages and airtasker.   

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to install window film

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects