Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which carpet cleaner rules supreme?

Tonicleansup
Just Starting Out

Which carpet cleaner rules supreme?

A question to the other OCD cleaning peeps out there.  Bunnings has two carpet cleaners out,  a Britex unit and a Rug doctor unit. I have a dirty carpet in the granny flat and I have 3 mattresses I'd like to upholstery clean, which unit is stronger,  is superior?  Is there Any differentiating features to be aware of.  I've watched the bunnings short videos,  read the blurbs (only had reviews on the Britex unit which were 50/50 on if it was amazing or useless,  very polarised reviews.  No reviews on the rug doctor) the rental price is the same,  the descriptions are nearly identical,  whew!  Does ANYONE have any input to help me decide which unit to hire? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Which carpet cleaner rules supreme?

Hello @Tonicleansup

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your query about carpet cleaners.

I've used both Britex and Rug Doctor to clean carpets in my house. They both give a superior clean and operate much the same with the clean and dirty water tank. However, using the Britex cleaning wand feels like using a regular vacuum cleaner. I can clean a section without having to move the main body of the cleaner. Compared to the Rug Doctor, you have to push and pull the entire machine with you as you clean. 

As far as cleaning is concerned they're both very good, but the Britex cleaner would have extra points for convenience and ease of use. Once, you've made your decision, we would love to hear a review of the carpet cleaner that you've chosen. Any photos of the cleaning process would be much appreciated.

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your carpets clean.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects