Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Zenith pegboard kit

BernadetteC
Just Starting Out

Zenith pegboard kit

Hi, I'm currently reorganizing my sewing space which includes the addition of a pegboard. I've purchased the Zenith pegboard DIY organisers 47 piece kit and I can't figure out these 2 pieces (pictured). I can work out how they go together but not how they go on the board. Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

20210107_130053.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Zenith pegboard kit

Hi @BernadetteC,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and thanks for joining in the discussion. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, but our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc is taking a well-earned break this week so isn't able to promptly assist you. He will be back next week to help. Let me see if a few other helpful members in @lcooksey88, @r23on, @TheSaltyreefer, @Tara86, @redracer01 and @DIYology can assist in the meantime. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @BernadetteC 

The one on the left is the mounting plate. Simply hook the mounting plate in an appropriate spot on the peg board. You will notice that the mounting plate has a little flange facing out. This flange must be facing up when you mount it. The second piece has a center plate in the center that will slide in to the flange of the first piece. They form a clasp to hold each other together. This clip allows you to push a pen in to it or screw driver type tool to hold it vertically. Hope that helps.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great assistance Red, many thanks for your help. 

Please let us know if you have everything you need now @BernadetteC.

Jason

Thanks, thats what I had thought but the mounting plate doesn't fit into the wholes on the pegboard, they are too wide🤦‍♀️ I've read reviews that the quality control on the fit some of the pegs isn't great 🤷‍♀️

Hello @BernadetteC 

I agree a bit of manual correction may be necessary to make them line up with the holes. Pliers, stone or hammer or whatever is available.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi @BernadetteC,

Have you had any luck with getting the holes to line up? Your next step might be to see a helpful team member in-store. If the product does not fit correctly, I trust they'll be more than happy to find you one that will.

Let us know how you go.

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell what do u use the 6 screws and rubber grommets that come in the pack.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @barry62. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Zenith pegboard kit.

I will take an educated guess here and say that the rubber grommets are designed to be used as standoff mounts for your pegboard. You can't install the hooks without spacing the pegboard out from the wall. Screws go through the pegboard, through the grommet and into the surface.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell makes sense now 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects