Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bath caddy shelf

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Bath caddy shelf

Bath Caddy 5.jpg
My daughter asked if I could build a Bath Caddy (that she had seen on Pinterest) as a gift for a housemate, who seemingly spends considerable time in the tub.
And this is the result, originally a dining table top that I picked up at auction. I disected it on the table saw and joined two of the thicker 40mm edge panels together with PVA Glue and Biscuits, it is 900mm wide overall and 240mm deep.
I drew up a design in the CNC software and carved a slot for an iPad, recessed pockets for Tea Light's and Wine Bottle and also a cutout for a Wine Glass.
I engraved a Rose design on the left and also a monogram of the recipients initials NPW.
To prevent it sliding around there are two strips of rubber on the underside where the shelf contacts the bath.
Bath Caddy 2.jpg
I sanded the original finish back to bare timber.
Bath Caddy 3.jpg
Then restained it and sprayed with 5 coats of clear lacquer then waxed and buffed it with my home made furniture wax for additonal protection from water splashes.
Bath Caddy 1.jpg

Bath Caddy 4.jpgWhilst I have the luxury of owning a CNC Router this project could quite easily be achieved with a handheld router (without the engraving)

Wood Working with Wayne
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bath Caddy Shelf

Lovely project @Wayne. Many thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will inspire other community members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kim
Having an Impact

Wow what a great idea @Wayne!  I'd love one of these - sending link to my husband now!! :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

This might help @Kim.

Good luck with getting your husband to make you one!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Good work @Wayne. Love the colour of the timber. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects