Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom rejuvenation project

Rebecca2
Just Starting Out

Bathroom rejuvenation project

Hi guys, I've recently moved into a 3 bedroom rental home by the beach. It's fine but the bathroom needs a lot of tlc. There's a stain in the bathtub which we think is hair dye. I've tried everything from general household cleaners, vinegar and baking soda, CLC, oven cleaner and others. I can't get it out and it looks horrible! Does anyone know of anything I could try?  Anyway I have some big ideas for the bathroom but if anyone has any ideas for how to update a rental bathroom I would be very grateful! 😊Beautiful - nice for a relaxing bath (so Not!)Beautiful - nice for a relaxing bath (so Not!)Nice decor...Nice decor...(????)!(????)!Just stunning! (LOL)Just stunning! (LOL)

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bathroom rejuvenation project

Hi @Rebecca2,

Welcome to Workshop and apologies for the slow reply. 

My suggestion would be to contact your landlord and ask if you could paint the bathtub. It's an easy D.I.Y. project and I'm sure most landlords would appreciate that you have improved the property for them.

I'll pop the how-to video below. 

Our ever-helpful Workshop community members might have some other suggestions for you. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

I'd imagine that it's well and truly set by now and is never going to come off. 

How about just some fun bath stickers over the top?

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Rebecca2 I rent a property which the bath was horrendous and unable to be used. 

I used Taubmans bath paint and it looks amazing now.

Personally I would get the owners permission to paint it.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

I had a similar problem, where I was told to use a car cut and dry polish all over the tub ..try an inconspicuous area first.

then try the stain.

another good one I'd God old Jiff.

put on running and let set.

I hope this works for you

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects