Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom reno with new shower, toilet and vanity

Tywo
Growing in Experience

Bathroom reno with new shower, toilet and vanity

Completely gutted the entire en-suite bathroom, then retiled and added new shower, toilet and vanity. Absolutely stoked with the end result.

New vanityNew vanityThe hard yards....The hard yards....Stripped bare.Stripped bare.117FF69C-DB72-4242-8842-16BD2790C328.jpegNew curved shower screen.New curved shower screen.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Bathroom Reno

Good morning @Tywo 

Very impressive looking bathroom now!

The first photo - were those old tiles hard to lift? What tool are you using there?

(I would like to renovate my own bathroom)

Cheers.

Graeme.

Tywo
Growing in Experience

Hi Graeme,

I bought an Ozito hammer drill/jack hammer for around $100 and they came up relatively easy. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Awesome project @Tywo! That's an excellent level of finish you've achieved. I presume it's not the first time you've attempted tiling?

I trust our members would be interested in hearing more about the steps you took to complete the project. Any additional details you can provide would be genuinely appreciated.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tywo
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell 

I come up with the plans and my handyman partner helped me to achieve my results. My partner has done a few small tiling jobs at home before and is very much a perfectionist, hence the fantastic finish.

The hardest part was stripping the entire room and removing old tiles, toilet, shower screen and vanity. The floor needed quite a bit of levelling to get the right fall for floor and shower drains which we achieved by adding a screed of cement based tile glue.  The same could be achieved using a sand and cement mix.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects