Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom renovation ideas wanted

elly1
Cultivating a Following

Bathroom renovation ideas wanted

Its time to renovate!  I originally had a figure of $10k budget in my head but after lots of research it seems the average full bathroom reno these days (new tiles, fixtures and fittings) is more like $20k eeeek! This bathroom is 3.6 x 2.1, not including a laundry cupboard behind the brown concertina door, which is approx 1600 x 870.  I would love a freestanding bath in place of the corner spa under the window, with a frameless glass shower wet area. Close off the white door which leads into the kitchen.  There is hall way door access which opens onto the shower, so a cavity sliding door or barn door would be a much better idea.  Cheaper alternatives would be leave all the plumbing where it is, replace the bath, replace the vanity and upgrade the 900x900 corner shower to a walk in 900 x 1200 if there is ensure space?  Any suggestions from you clever people would be greatly appreciated!

bathroom.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom renovation ideas wanted

Hi @elly1,

@EricL will be back on the site this evening, and I trust he would be delighted to make those alterations to his design for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @elly1 

Here are your revised bathroom drawings. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing your appliances for the bathroom. If you choose to get a bigger bath keep in mind that it will start to encroach onto the space of the laundry area. I don't recommend going any bigger than 1200mm for the size of the vanity because it will start to get in the way of the bathroom door. I'm afraid you can only make the shower deeper but not wider as it will start to push into the space of the vanity.

Please have a good look and tell me what you think. If you wish to see it in another configuration, please let me know. The appliances I've used in your sketch are all from Bunnings. make sure to bring this sketch to the store if you wish to have your bathroom quoted.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know. 

Eric

elly1 bathroom ver21.jpgelly1 bathroom ver22.jpgelly1 bathroom ver23.jpgelly1 bathroom ver24.jpgelly1 bathroom ver25.jpgelly1 bathroom ver26.jpgelly1 bathroom ver27.jpgelly1 bathroom ver28.jpgelly1 bathroom ver29.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
elly1
Cultivating a Following

Thanks again Eric!  The only change I am thinking is moving the vanity to the shower wall so the room is more streamlined visually, but again it will be tight on space so not sure that will work.  Great that you pointed out that the bath under the window will not allow for the laundry doors, your assistance is very much appreciated.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects