Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom renovation using VJ panelling

RCRISP
Growing in Experience

Bathroom renovation using VJ panelling

This bathroom makeover all started when visiting my local Bunnings store and seeing a brochure on VJ panelling, a spark was ignited and I started investigating the possibility of using this product in my bathroom.  I collected images and ideas of how I could complete the bathroom on a budget. The real journey began when a family member was going to use a beautiful piece of reclaimed timber as a work bench in their garage. This was going to be our feature piece in our bathroom.

The journey began. The renovation was a challenge, but the wonderful staff at my local Bunnings, google and Pinterest became my best friend. I learnt everything from waterproofing, tiling, grouting, panelling and so on.  I spent my days going back and forth from my local Bunnings store and this renovation would not be possible without their vast selection of products and advice. 

We could not be more than happy with our bathroom renovation and now our ensuite is set in our sights!

IMG_9355 2.jpg

IMG_8879.jpg

IMG_8502.jpg

IMG_8473.JPG

IMG_8477.JPG

IMG_8698.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom renovation using VJ panelling

Hello @RCRISP

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's delightful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your bathroom renovation.

Those EasyVJ panels look fantastic in your bathroom. It has given the area a very contemporary look, but your reclaimed timber vanity top gives it a very warm personal touch. Your wavy rectangular tiles add texture to your shower giving it an extra visual feature. Removing the oversized mirror has balanced the room and now everything seems to be in place.

I believe your D.I.Y. research has truly paid off. Because all the elements you've chosen have truly produced a beautiful bathroom.

Again, thank you for sharing such a sensational bathroom renovation.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
birdie
Growing in Experience

Absolutely gorgeous! So impressed @RCRISP

I totally agree, @birdie@RCRISP's project is definitely impressive, so much so that we've featured it in our list of Bathroom vanity makeovers in our Top Ideas section. 

I noticed you posted a question about your bathroom vanity, @birdie. In case you're looking for more ideas on how to renovate your vanity, I encourage you to check out that list, and also have a look at our Top 10 most popular bathroom projects.

Do let us know if you need a hand with anything, we'd be happy to assist. 

Akanksha 

lazy_soprano
Finding My Feet

This looks amazing. Is the panelling waterproof? I’d love that in our bathroom by the tub if so. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lazy_soprano. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about this wonderful project.

Let me mention @RCRISP to see if they can fill us in on the panelling they used. In the meantime I'm sure you'll be interested in our Easycraft 2400 x 1200mm 9mm Lining Panel White MRMDF Primed Wet Area 100mm. It's a ultra-high moisture resistant Panel suitable for interior wet area wall & ceiling linings in bathrooms, laundries and kitchens.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks @MitchellMc much appreciated and I’ll learn how to use this forum as I go. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s projects. 

Hi Mitchell, 

Can these panels be cut?

Thanks, 

Breanna

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @BreannaL

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

The quick answer is yes, the Easycraft 2400 x 1200mm 9mm Lining Panel White MRMDF Primed Wet Area 100mm can be cut. Just keep in mind to follow the sealing recommendations for the cut sections. Are you planning on updating your bathroom or laundry with these panels? If you are please make sure to post an update on your project, I'm sure our members would be keen to see the results of your renovation.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects