Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Connection adaptor for Pressure Gauge1/8" BSP

terrywang
Building a Reputation

Connection adaptor for Pressure Gauge1/8" BSP

Bought a pressure gauge for testing water pressure inside the house (water hammer when turning off mixers, etc.).

It is marked as 1/8" BSP - looked up and it seems actual diameter is 9mm (I measured around 10 using caliper), I am not sure what kind of adaptor to get from bunnings to make it a screw on device for outdoor tap for garden hose, or to connect to wash basin mixer wall outlet, etc.

Thanks in advance.

terrywang_0-1677633378295.png

terrywang_1-1677633474715.png

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Connection adaptor for Pressure Gauge1/8" BSP

Hi @terrywang 

"outdoor tap for garden hose"

If you already have the hose fitting to the tap - maybe something like this would work?

20230301_162918.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Connection adaptor for Pressure Gauge1/8" BSP

Hi @terrywang 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Noyade. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend bringing the pressure gauge to the store and testing the Brasshards 15 x 10mm Brass Threaded Reducing Hex Bush. If it fits, I propose testing the Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush to go over the first hex bush. If you need to turn it into a female fitting, I recommend using Brasshards 20mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Socket

I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how they fit together. Please make sure to use thread tape on all the male threaded brass sections before joining them together.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles while using the pressure gauge.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects