Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY bath caddy using timber benchtop offcuts

homeinmelbourne
Becoming a Leader

DIY bath caddy using timber benchtop offcuts

We had some leftover timber we used for our laundry benchtop and decided to use the offcuts to make a bathtub caddy.

We measured the exterior bathtub width for the width of the caddy plank and then measured the inner edge for the feet of the caddy.

We cut the timber to the measurements we needed and then went over the edges with a router to round off all the edges.

We then sanded the timber and applied one coat of Timber Protect Satin Clear Water Based Varnish. In between coats, we lightly sanded the caddy and caddy feet then applied one more coat of the varnish. 

B16BE190-3573-4DE1-8A6C-E2FF33B3B455-D44E08CA-9F4D-42DC-BDF4-BD42903D9526.JPGApplying Timber Protect Satin Water Based Clear VarnishApplying Timber Protect Satin Water Based Clear Varnish7C34120D-B500-4401-8247-DA0D6F326802-786B4157-255A-48E2-A58A-4807B5D9BB3B.JPG

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: DIY bath caddy using timber benchtop offcuts

Yet another fantastic project, @homeinmelbourne, thanks for sharing! 

There's so much to love here - the ingenious use of repurposed timber offcuts, impeccable woodwork and gorgeous styling. Well done on an elegant and functional piece. What was your favourite part of the project? Any tips or tricks for our members who may want to replicate this caddy for their own bathrooms?

I see you've shared a few other terrific bathroom projects, including a full renovation (I've actually featured this on top of our homepage discussion board) and a bathroom feature wall. I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to our list of Top 10 most popular bathroom projects - feel free to check this list out for more inspiring ideas and to engage in relevant discussions with our like-minded community members. 

Congratulations once again. I'll be looking forward to your next project.

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects