Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does Bunnings have a microcement product for use over tiles in bathroom?

MsGoGo
Just Starting Out

Does Bunnings have a microcement product for use over tiles in bathroom?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows if Bunnings does a DIY microcement product/kit that we could use to apply over existing tiles in our bathroom?

See attached pic for a reference.

Thank you in advance! :smile:

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 7.42.48 am.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does Bunnings have a microcement product for use over tiles in bathroom?

Hello @MsGoGo

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about microcement.

I suggest having a look at this discussion - Rendering over the top of existing tiles by @DopyDingo. Unfortunately, the store does not carry a microcement kit, however, if you are planning on rendering a tile wall, I recommend using the Dunlop 20kg Multipurpose Acrylic Render. Please remember that this is a render, so tile surface preparation is very important and the application of Crommelin 1L Tile On Tile Primer is a must.

The only drawback to rendering a tile wall is the tile itself. Should the tile glue or tile itself fail for any reason, it will reflect on the surface finish of the render. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Adam_W, @ProjectPete and @tom_builds for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MsGoGo
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric, 

Thank you so much for your reply and info!

I will look into all the options you suggested, really appreciated your advice and the time you took to write back!

Thank you! :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MsGoGo

I'm glad my suggestions helped, should you wish to explore other options regarding the finish of your bathroom, I recommend having a look at this list - Top 10 most popular bathroom projects

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects