Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Extra toilet

netkrish80
Finding My Feet

Extra toilet

Hello Everyone, 

I live in a 3 bed room house which has a single toilet  and single bathroom  area. I would like to add extra toilet in the bathroom.  Need some ideas if its can be done and how much it will cost.  attached the current floor plan. floor plan.JPG

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Extra toilet

Would you be willing to sacrifice your laundry @netkrish80? Do you know if the wall between the laundry and bathroom is load bearing? You could create a lot of space by having the washing machine inside cabinetry as part of a large new bathroom. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @netkrish80. It's great to have you join us.

I see you have already received a helpful reply from @Kermit which is fantastic. From the current layout, there doesn't appear to be enough room to add an extra toilet within the bathroom. Do you need an extra toilet or do you not like the toilet being separated from the bathroom? In my current house, we have a separate toilet like yours and we find it isn't particularly practical. 

If you just didn't like the layout would you be willing to remove the wall if it is not load-bearing to make it one larger bathroom with toilet included? If you wanted a second toilet I think Kermits suggestion of the laundry might be the best solution.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Kermit  thanks for your reply. I need to check if wall is load bearning or not. could you please let me know who can i ask. I forgot to attach the complete picture. The laundry area has a sliding door for entrance and also a exit door to the backyard peragola area. If it solves the purpose of adding a extra toilet i will for sure think about this idea. Initially i thought of having a extra shower area also. But i found out there is not space. so extra toilet is need of the hour. 

floor plan.JPG

Hi @MitchellMc , 

thanks for the reply. I like the current layout. atleast its seperate. its solves the purpose when one person can use the toilet and other person can use the shower at the same time. 

Hello @netkrish80 

Perhaps remove the bath in the current shower area and place the toilet there? Or maybe cut your laundry in half and give the space to a new toilet room there to save on knocking down walls. I like @Kermit 's idea of removing that wall between your shower and laundry. This will give you massive space for a true en-suite! Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects