Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Flexible braided hose connector - Cause of Low Pressure?

qeff
Finding My Feet

Flexible braided hose connector - Cause of Low Pressure?

Hoping to get opinions here. I have noticed that my ensuite vanity tap takes very long, approximately 1+ min, before the hot water is emitted. Hot water unit is gas heated tank storage. The shower in the same ensuite doesn't seem to be as annoying, taking about 20-30 seconds to produce hot water. I suspect the flexible braided hose from the water mains to the vanity tap is the culprit. It has a bent elbow with a small diameter and I'm wondering if that has an effect.

I could've easily tested with a different flexible braided hose but the end attached to the tap is proving difficult to undo and I thought I'd get an opinion before attempting to wrestle with it in a tight space.

Thanks in advance.

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Re: Flexible braided hose connector - Cause of Low Pressure?

Hi Marty - I work for a company called Rinnai and we have a product called a Smartstart. This is used with our Continuous Flow Hot water units - controlled by our water controllers or a momentary switch if installed with solar. 

When turned on it’s forces all the water in the loop to recirculate through the hot water unit so that when you turn on any outlet you’ll have instant hot water. It helps save water especially any outlets located at the end of loop.

qeff
Finding My Feet

Re: Flexible braided hose connector - Cause of Low Pressure?

Great suggestion! Will check it out 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects