Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I find a pipe flange to fit a 35mm post?

RuthKerr
Growing in Experience

How can I find a pipe flange to fit a 35mm post?

959CB194-372B-497D-B716-623F534C3B2A.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I find a piece like this to fit a 35mm post?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RuthKerr. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about pipe flanges.

The largest in that style we carry would be the Sandleford 25mm Chrome Round Flange, commonly used on shower curtain rails. Is yours for some type of handrail, and is the flange threaded so the pipe can screw into it? There is the ARC Gate & Fence 32mm Galvanised Oval Flange NB Fitting or ARC Fences 40NB Galvanised Oval Flange, but once again, they are not suitable for your 35mm pipe.

Could this be some type of proprietary system, and is there a brand name anywhere on it?

Let me mention @r23on and @TedBear to see if they have any suggestions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RuthKerr
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell. I have a 35mm wooden dowel to use as a corner support for a laundry bench top. So it needs something to secure it top and bottom.

I think @MitchellMc 's second listed suggestion could be helpful... I am thinking you could trim down the tips of the dowel by a mere 1.5 mm all around (=3mm overall, to get to 32mm) and fit the corresponding cap

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arc-32mm-gate-and-fence-round-post-caps-2-pack_p1108904.

That should give you the same set-up as in the photo, with ends that are anchored and protected from splitting.

You may want to glue the top end into the flange so it doesn't fall out if bumped.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

To add to @TedBear's suggestion @RuthKerr, you could connect at the top by installing an Adoored 3/8" Vertical Leg Plate onto the underside of the bench and screwing an Adoored 3/8" Furniture Leg Stud into the top of the leg. Come to think of it; you could use the same method for the floor as well.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RuthKerr
Growing in Experience

Thanks. I went with this suggestion. 🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects