Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fix my bathtub?

Keheaven
Just Starting Out

How do I fix my bathtub?

16787839908774608058451230649176.jpg

 I accidentally left my hair-dryer unattended for too long and it's melted a hole in my bath tub any tips on how I could fix it? 

Thanks im advance!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fix my bathtub

Hello @Keheaven 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your bath.

I suggest using PC Products 57g PC Marine Epoxy Putty. It's non-toxic, waterproof and dries rapidly. Push the into the gap and make sure to try and level the application as best as you can. I suggest using a 100mm Sharp Edge Paint Scraper to get a flat finish. Use the edge of your thumb to feather the edges to get a smooth finish. Allow the epoxy to cure and sand the area to get a totally flat surface.

It will be necessary to remove the small piece of the acrylic that has lifted off the bath. The surface must be totally flat before you apply the patch. Clean the area as best you can and sand the edges of the acrylic with sandpaper so that the putty can get a good grip.

Unfortunately, the epoxy patch will not match the whiteness of the bath. If this is not an issue you can leave it as is. However, if you wish to have a uniform finish, it will be necessary to repaint the bath. I propose looking at the Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Refinishing Kit, it is fast drying and durable.

I also suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Can you paint a bath? by @LukeBrowning.

Please make sure to wear proper protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when repairing your bath.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects