Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i remove these Caroma Concorde cistern parts?

Suze23
Finding My Feet

How do i remove these Caroma Concorde cistern parts?

Hello, I am having a problem with a running toilet (Caroma Concorde 6-3). It is making a hissing noise pretty much all day long. I have spent a couple of hours googling but have not been able to find any videos of the same cistern. The noise is coming from the blue arm (see photo). I emptied the cistern, and when it refilled, the arm engaged, but I think when the water level is dropping, the arm is disengaging and causing the noise. I'd like to buy some replacement parts but don't know how to remove the parts first. Can anyone help?IMG_E4176[1].JPG

VLM
Just Starting Out

Re: How do i remove these cistern parts?

The whole white assembly should unscrew from the bottom near the black seal that’s visible from the photo. 
failing that, I’d go hit up you nearest Bunnings… find the fix-a-loo range. 
they have the parts you need. 
from experience I found that they have most parts and assembly’s from older cisterns. And when you find what you need it “should” have instructions on the box. 
…if not bail up the nearest plumbing supplies attendant and ask questions. 

Suze23
Finding My Feet

Thanks so much! I will do all of that. The blue inlet valve (?) was replaced but didn’t fix the problem. Can I assume it’s the white part that needs replacing and not the washer at bottom of other brown section?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Suze23. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a toilet leak.

It's great to see that one of our new members, @VLM, has jumped straight in to offer assistance.

You might like to read through this helpful step-by-step guide: How to fix a leaking toilet. This guide shows you how to determine which part needs replacing. Water entering the cistern can be caused by a leaking inlet valve (white section) or a leaking outlet valve (brown section). The key to determining this is to shut off the water at the side of the toilet and check to see if water is leaking into the bowl. If it is, then the outlet valve in the brown section needs replacing. If no water runs into the bowl, then the valve in the white section needs replacing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

A big welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @VLM, and many thanks for jumping straight in to assist another member.

It's great to have you join us and we can't wait to hear all about your projects and plans around the house and garden.

Mitchell

Ohh thanks so much Mitchell!! That is fantastic advice! I will check that soon. Much appreciated 😊

Toilet fixed!

Thanks so much to those who helped me. I replaced the outlet seating washer with a green one and inlet valve washer with matching green washer. Wasn’t easy removing 30 + year old parts but I did it and it’s now as quiet as a mouse 😄 and working well.

Steps

Step 1

Bunnings Community Page

Turned water off at toilet 

Drained toilet

Turned water to house off

Bunnings Ringwood - very friendly staff

Bunnings Nunawading- fantastic help

Removed parts myself

Installed new washers

Turned water back on

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Toilet fixed!

Good to hear Suze! @Suze23 

It truly is a wonderful feeling when you can beat a plumbing issue at a DIY level. Well done! 👍

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Well done, @Suze23

Love your work.

Mitchell

It certainly is! 😄 Cheers Noyade! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects