Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How easy would it be to install a bidet shower head to my toilet?

Mufc
Just Starting Out

How easy would it be to install a bidet shower head to my toilet?

I am looking to attempt to install a bidet shower head to my toilet.  I. Wondering if this is an easy task or if it requires someone who actually knows what they are doing.  I’m a ‘mature’ age lady, but have always been handy around DIY things, I’m hesitant when it comes to certain jobs Including supplies like water, but looking at the figments it does t ‘appear’ too hard.    An anyone offer advice please?  I haven’t been able to get the actual bidet shower head though it’s displayed on Bunnings catalogue, two stores are out of stock.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how easy/difficult would it be to install a bidet shower head to my toilet

Welcome to the Workshop community @Mufc. I'd be happy to help you with the install.

If you can tell me your closest Bunnings location and what the product was I can track down stock for you. Was it an Evekare Bidet Spray White or a perhaps an Evekare 3 Function Hand Shower Set?

As you mentioned it isn't too hard and am confident you can complete the job. Depending on what kit you purchase there might be a fitting similar to  Kinetic 15 x 15mm Chrome Plated Double Mini Cistern Stop Tap, you simply remove the fitting on the wall and replace it with this tee piece. The hose from the cistern is connected to one side and the bidet hose to the other. You will then attach the handset mounting plate to the wall to hang the unit on.

I look forward to finding the product for you and assisting in the install.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: how easy/difficult would it be to install a bidet shower head to my toilet

I have done a few now, I think to be fully standards compliant you should install a back flow valve but I haven't been asked to use one yet, a pressure reducing valve is usually a good idea on the shower side. Common problem is people having them leak because they failed to seal the joints properly but claiming the product is faulty :smile:

Mufc
Just Starting Out

Re: How easy would it be to install a bidet shower head to my toilet?

Hello Brad and Mitchell 

Thank you so much for your advice. I’ll look at the types you both mentioned and when I’ve managed to obtain one of them I’ll get back to you.

I would never have thought about the pressure valves so thanks for that heads up.

I’ve always had an enquiring mind, and like to attempt things like this but I also know my limits and when  to seek expert advice. Wish I’d known about Bunnings DIY site before, but, better late than never.

Thank you again And watch this space!

Lynne  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects