Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a mirror frame?

Rahi
Just Starting Out

How to build a mirror frame?

I have standard project home bathroom mirrors that I would like to add a wooden frame to. Unfortunately, I couldn't find affordable corner clamps at Bunnings. Is there an alternative method for creating the frame without using corner clamps?

I want to make something like the attacheddownload (6).jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a mirror frame?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rahi. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a frame.

These Trojan 75mm Mitre & Corner Clamps are likely the most budget-friendly that we have. I understand if that is out of your budget for a single project. You don't need to use corner clamps, but they make the job easier, especially if you use mitre joints. If you were to butt join the timber, that would be a more simple process. 

These Zenith 100mm Zinc Plated Corner Braces will help keep everything aligned once you've glued the timber sections together.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Morning @Rahi 

What are the dimensions of your mirror/s?

Is there a to be a routered trench for the glass edges - or do you intend gluing the glass to the wood? Hard to tell from the photo above.

Cheers.

Rahi
Just Starting Out

Many thanks for your response. Those are about 1.5 m x 1 m. Intend to glue on the glass

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Rahi 

Do you have a router or a friend who has router that you can borrow? It would make it a lot easier for you to create your mirror frame. Another option for you to create your frame is by using timber moulding. You can combine thick and thin pieces to create a channel for the mirror to sit in and then sandwich it between timber mouldings.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects