Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix chipped vanity sink?

frannythe2
Just Starting Out

How to fix chipped vanity sink?

Hi,

I accidentally chipped the bathroom vanity/sink! How would I go about fixing this? Would rather not pay someone insane amounts to fix this little thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

F5E531DC-D159-4E1C-B3C2-B68F163F7BCB.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix chipped vanity sink?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @frannythe2. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a chipped sink.

Did you manage to find the chip? If so, you could glue it back in position with Clear Epoxy Glue. If the chip has gone missing, then you'd need to fill the damage with PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste and then paint the area with White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint. However, I recommend that you at least have a professional look at this for you and give a quote on repair. Depending on your level of D.I.Y. skill, the above method might not give you satisfactory results. The hard part will be applying the filler. If you apply too much, you'll need to sand it back. Sanding the filler would be quite hard to do without damaging the surrounding benchtop.

You might like to have a read through these previous discussions on repairing damage to hard surfaces.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for that! What kind of tradie/service would fix something like this?

I also read that some sink manufacturers might have fix up kits (so the colour matches). Is that correct?

The chip is honestly the size of a pea. I don't really want to pay crazy amounts for someone to come out here and fix it. But I also can't not fix it as I'm in a rental. 

what would be your rough guess on how much something like this would cost?

Thanks heaps

Hi @frannythe2,

Cost-wise, you'll likely need to get a couple of quotes to determine what the repair would set you back. You'll find plenty of services through Google that do this work.

Please be advised that even a repair done by an experienced tradesperson might still be noticeable. Since you're renting, I'd suggest that it might be in your best interest to report the damage to your property manager. Manufactured stone benchtops can chip quite easily, especially on sharp edge profiles like your vanity. This is obviously not purposeful damage that you've done to the property, and it doesn't take much to damage some manufactured stones. It would be worth having a conversation to find out what the homeowner would like to do.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects