Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix hole in tile?

parisMof
Growing in Experience

How to fix hole in tile?

image.jpg

Hi

would you recommend using Selleys 50g Aqua Epoxy Putty Knead It

for my tile?

also I have some anchors wall there.do you recommend I should remove them first? If yes, how can I do it to not broke my tile.

Thanks 

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: how to fix hole in tile?

Hi Paris.

Can you punch the rawlplug in a little further - and then fill the hole?

Or maybe re-insert a screw into the plug with enough of the head exposed to be removed by a hammer - making sure there is some sort of soft material between the hammer and tile?

Scan0902.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix hole in tile?

Hello @parisMof

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about covering holes in your tiles.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Noyade. I agree with the recommendation of pushing the wall plugs further into the wall until they fall inside. Using Selleys 50g Aqua Epoxy Putty Knead It is an excellent way to cover the exposed holes. Once you start filling the holes with Knead It, I recommend feathering the edges so that it blends in with the wall tiles. Please keep in mind that you can sand the putty down if it is too high from the face of the tile.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dezzi
Cultivating a Following

Hi,

Just a thought, no idea if it is recommended or if there is anything suitable. 

Could you perhaps find something such as an ornament or decorative object to either place over the hole (maybe glue a small feature tile over it??) or if the hole is high enough, replace it with a decorative hook or something?

If the hole is in a wet area, than I think the experts may tell you it it a dumb idea!

Cheers!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Dezzi

Thank you so much for your recommendations. Your suggestions are not only sound they're practical as well. Having those holes in the wall makes the perfect spot for washcloth hooks and accessories. Accent tiles can give your shower area a bit of style. You can use a wet area sealant to attach those tile covers to your wall. So there's no need to worry about moisture getting through. 

Keep those ideas coming.

Eric

parisMof
Growing in Experience

Hi @EricL 

thanks for advice.I’ve done as you have mentioned by pushing the plugs further more

99F5F228-6145-403D-A09C-815DB5343F6F.jpeg

and filled out with Using Selleys 50g Aqua Epoxy Putty Knead It 

B6B4414C-9C97-4B08-A14B-863F0ED5523A.jpeg

As you can see the holes not visible anymore which is great.

paris

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @parisMof

Thank you so much for posting your repair work. That patch job is fantastic. You would really need to concentrate to see where the holes used to be. But if you were only casually looking you wouldn't even spot them.

If you have any other D.I.Y. questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

This looks great! I was searching for help with filling a hole in a tile and found your post.  This is exactly what I needed to see.  

I will be looking to use tile paint over the top, just wondering if that will work over the dried epoxy?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @raceytrace 

Just letting you know that the Selleys 50g Knead It Aqua Epoxy Putty can be painted over once it has cured. Just keep in mind that it can be sanded down to the same level as your existing tile.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a dust mask when working on your tile repair project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

obama82
Finding My Feet

You can just grinding by drill.. I will be removed without damaged on the tiles.. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects