Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix the rotten flooring in the bathroom?

mike1360
Building a Reputation

How to fix the rotten flooring in the bathroom?

I recently found my shower tray is cracked and the water had damaged the floorboard and a small section of the floorboard is rotten, What should I in this situation? Should I hire a builder and re-do the entire bathroom?

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 10.04.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 10.04.55 PM.png

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix the rotten flooring in the bathroom

Hello @mike1360 

Thanks for sharing your question about repairing your bathroom flooring. Looking at the picture you posted it seems that the damage is not that bad. However, I still recommend engaging the services of a registered builder. They will be able to determine if the damage can be patched or if the entire flooring area needs to be replaced.

Please keep in mind that waterproofing might be necessary even if you are using a polycarbonate shower wall. Please double check with your builder and the local council on the rules and regulations for a shower repair.

If you do decide to revamp your bathroom area, please make sure to check out our Top 10 most popular bathroom projects and How to plan a bathroom renovation by @Adam_W

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mike1360
Building a Reputation

Thank you Eric, I've had a building inspector to do an inspection on it. He recommended to fill the void with gorilla filler

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Please let us know if you have further questions @mike1360 or need advice on how to proceed with the repair.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects