Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to increase bathroom water pressure?

nagumuthu
Making a Splash

How to increase bathroom water pressure?

Hello Members,

Good Morning.

May you propose ways to increase water pressure on showers. The pressure is dropped under circumstances where both showers were in use / water is drawn at sink.

Can the purchase for the pump from Bunnings shall be made and fitted. Should the council be informed for such activity. [ I might be more cautious here ]. (or) the Job should be completed by any licenced plumber ?

If anyone have performed above task, can you please share the budget incurred.

Many thanks for your time.

Best Wishes

MM

Re: How to increase bathroom water pressure?

Thanks Ted.

A Plumber is arranged for the visit. Will keep updated once the job is complete.

Hello Ted & Eric,

The plumber informed about the main water pressure is around 350kPa and increased to 450kPa, the max which he can adjust beyond which the warranty for the equipments might be in question.

Now the water pressure is good enough for two showers for use at the same time.

Thanks for your inputs.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's sensational to hear that you've solved your issue @nagumuthu! I trust @TedBear and @EricL will be very pleased.

Many thanks for updating us on the solution.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bazzyboy
Cultivating a Following

Very interested in this...how did the plumber increase the mains water pressure from 350kPa to 450kPa?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bazzyboy

A registered plumber usually has a device in their truck that can measure the water pressure in your plumbing system. I suggest asking your current plumber if they have such a tool and if they know if the water pressure in the house can be increased.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @bazzyboy , modern homes normally have a pressure limiting valve fitted near the meter to limit pressure to 500kPa max, which is a requirement for many water operated devices. Some may be even less, so a plumber should check your system and set the pressure to the safest limit. This should be done with a measuring instrument. (Not a d-i-y task.)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects