Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint interior of 1989 Mazda T3500 mobile home?

franma
Just Starting Out

How to paint interior of 1989 Mazda T3500 mobile home?

Hi all, happy to find this !!! I want to paint the interior of my RV's bathroom/toilet. What paint should I use? The surface looks and feels like laminex ???

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Renovating my 1989 Mazda T3500 mobile home

Hello @franma

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about renovating your mobile home.

Before I make any recommendations, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the interior wall of the bathroom? This will allow our members to assess the type of material you have in your bathroom. We can then make suggestions on how to proceed.

There are dedicated products you can use on laminated surfaces from Dulux and White Knight. But as I mentioned we need to see the material first so that we can give you a comprehensive recommendation. 

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
franma
Just Starting Out

Looking for suggestions on refit of motor home

Hi all, looking for some helpful tips on refit for my RV. The wood is dark and I would like to redecorate to make the interior light and airy. Any helpful hints appreciated.

bathroom 1.jpgbathroom 2.jpgbathroom.jpginterior 1.jpginterior 3.jpginterior 4.jpginterior 5.jpginterior 2.jpginterior 6.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for suggestions on refit of Motor Home

Hello @franma

Thank you for sharing photos of your motor home. It looks like the fixtures inside your motor home are still in very good condition. I think they are the perfect candidate for a paint-over renovation. I suggest using Dulux 1L PRECISION Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White, it bonds to plenty of materials including laminated surfaces.

I suggest giving everything you're planning on painting a wipe with Selleys Sugar Soap Wall Cleaning Wipes - 25 Pack. It is a double-sided wipe that allows you to wipe and prepare the surface for painting. As for the flooring I recommend considering changing it to HanWood Home 5mm 2.64sqm Capella Oak Hybrid Waterproof Flooring. It is totally waterproof and comes in a variety of colours.

Once the primer has cured, you can paint it with your preferred top coat. I propose updating the small things in your motor home such as handles, mirrors, shower accessories and all the old plastic accessories. It's the details that make the difference, especially with a paint revamp. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: 10 caravan renovations.

Let me call on our experienced members @Peggers, @twocutekelpies, @FloTheCaravan and @applesauce for their recommendations.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

franma
Just Starting Out

Renovating my mobile home

I have just started renovating the interior of my 1989 Mazda T3500 Mobile Home and thanks to guidance from Eric on the Bunnings Workshop forum, have purchased a tin of Dulux Precision Surface Preparation (primer) and am about to bring my van, named Tardus, into the 21st century :smile:

RV1.jpgRV2.jpgRV3.jpgRV4.jpgRV5.jpgRV6.jpgRV7.jpgRV8.jpgRV9.jpgRV10.jpgRV11.jpgRV12.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: RENOVATING MY MOBILE HOME

Hi @franma

Thank you for the update on your plans. We're looking forward to seeing the big reveal once you've painted your mobile home.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects