Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove toilet paper holder?

vickilee211
Finding My Feet

How to remove toilet paper holder?

Unable to work out how to remove this yucky 🤮 25 yrs plus stained grotty loo paper holder from the side of the vanity? 

I replaced a towel rack earlier this year that was same/of set with no trouble but can't see any release points on this paper holder 

20230822_022649.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to remove toilet paper holder?

Hi Vicki @vickilee211 

We too inherited one of these holders when we bought our house, but only replaced it recently - which is rather sad I guess. But for the life of me I can't remember how the cover comes off to reveal the screws. I thought it was pinched with thumb and forefinger at each end and 'squeezed' to release the tabs.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would probably just yank it off @vickilee211. I respect your restraint, but think it needs replacing so it doesn't matter if it breaks! 

Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in @EricL to get his opinion.  Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Agreed @Jason 

Even a light tap with a hammer would dislodge the cover. From memory the whole thing was old and brittle.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @vickilee211 

It's great that you've received excellent suggestions from @Noyade. I've placed a visual guide below to give you an idea on how to remove the toilet roll holder cover. It sometimes happens that the cover gets stuck due to its age, it might be necessary to use force on the cover to remove it.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

vickis tr1.jpgvickis tr2.jpgvickis tr3.jpgvickis tr4.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects