Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a basin chip?

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

How to repair a basin chip?

Hi all,

My hairdryer fell onto my bathroom hand basin and left a medium sized chip. Everything is working as normal and it just appears to be cosmetic damage. 

I’ve done a bit of research into the Epoxy range products but would love to get some input into which type is the best for my basin. I’m open to different brands/options and any other advice you may have.

Thank you in advance! 

IMG_6566.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair a basin chip?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Former Workshop member. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a chipped basin.

You might like to start by reading this Best Advice article on How do you repair a chipped basin? Also check out these previous discussions:

Do you have the chip? If so, glueing it back in position would be the best solution, and you can do so with Clear Epoxy Glue. If the chip has been lost, you would either need to try and fill the area with PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste and sand it back to a smooth finish before painting with White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint, or if the chipped section is very shallow, you could try painting it directly with touch-up paint.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects