Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a light?

quynhpham55
Growing in Experience

How to replace a light?

I would like to know how to replace the lamp like attached photo. I cannot see any screw around the light. Except 2 holes both ends of the light.

20220525_122642[1].jpg20220525_122631[1].jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replace a light

Hello @quynhpham55

Thank you for sharing your question about how to replace your Linestra light bulb. The bulb is attached with a mounting foot on each side of the bulb. To remove the bulb place your hand on each end and gently pull the bulb out towards you. It is held in place by two steel clamps that hold on to the foot of the bulb. I've placed a picture below to give you a better idea of how it's mounted.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
quynhpham55
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric, Thank you very much for your help and very fast response.

Never seen that type of light fitting before.

Bunnings product?

Do they come with twin tubes?

Would they be OK outside, under cover?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade

At one point it was available at the store but now only the bulb is accessible as a special order. I know they have special fittings and are rated for bathroom/laundry use, but I've yet to see one installed in an outdoor setting.   

Eric

quynhpham55
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric,

Thanks again for your help. I have another query with type of bulb I should get for replacement. I have pulled out the bulb as you said and below is the ends of the bulb. Is it can be a LED or normal fluorescent bulb ( I can see the length is 500 mm).

This is the link I can find on the web about that bulb https://www.gmtlighting.com.au/shop/product/t305008s14s-architectural-8w-3000k-s14s-500mm-non-dimmab... but the ends are not copper as mine.

Can you please show me where I can get the correct bulbs?

20220526_173918[1].jpg20220526_173905[2].jpg

Below is the bulb image from the above website

image.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @quynhpham55

The closest equivalent I can find is the Mirabella Architectural Incandescent S14s 240V 60W 500mm. This product will have to be specially ordered at the special orders desk at the store. But before you proceed to order this product, I suggest looking closely at the surface of the bulb, you should find the printed model number on it. You'll have to find exactly the same type of bulb in order for it to work in your fitting. 

Would you be able to post a picture of the text printed on the bulb? I'll then be able to track down a bulb for you. Our providers Osram and Mirabella carry this type of bulb, but I'll need the information printed on that bulb before I can make any inquiries. I'll also be able to find out if an LED will work on your fitting or if you'll only be able to use fluorescent types.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

quynhpham55
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric,

Thanks again for your help. However there is no printed on the bulb at all. I may try the one you suggested and hope it is the right one.

Hi @quynhpham55,

I noticed you've had one of the terminals/feet break off the globe. Is this foot stuck within the wall fitting, or did it break off after removing the globe? If it's stuck within the fitting, I'd strongly advise you not to attempt removal yourself and instead employ the services of a qualified electrician and do so. You might also like to inquire whether swapping this light fixture out for a more updated variety compatible with LED would be an option.

Mitchell

Hi Eric,

The image below is what I can see on the base:

20220527_093757.jpg

I have called Bunning Special order desk and the answer from Mirabella is no longer available. Now I want to upgrade to LED type, where can I get the base?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects