Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace tap heads?

Sonya333
Just Starting Out

How to replace tap heads?

image.jpg

I am wanting to remove these tap heads and replace them with silver tap heads. However, I have no idea of how to get them off and would greatly appreciate some advice. 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to replace tap heads?

A huge welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Sonya333. It's a pleasure to have you join us and I trust our helpful members will be able to provide lots of handy advice and inspiration for all your projects around the home and garden.

Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts @EricL, who should be able to assist you when he's online later this afternoon. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Sonya333

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to replace tap heads. 

The centre cover cap of your tap can be removed with a knife with a sharp point. Once removed, you'll see a brass nut that is holding the handle in place. I suggest using a ratchet set with a low profile to remove the brass nut or you can use a tap spanner of the appropriate size to remove the brass nut.

To replace your existing handles make sure to bring one of the old ones to the store to make sure that it's the same height so that it won't interfere with the operation of the tap. I've placed an image below that indicates the position where you need to put your knife.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

20220906_120125.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects