Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New tap spindle too short

sting
Just Starting Out

New tap spindle too short

Hi,

How can I extend the spindle of the new tapware to fit into the existing plumbing?

Thanks

tapware.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: New tap spindle too short

Hi Sting.

I had this problem years ago - and I feel certain you can buy "extensions" from plumbing places to solve this - ?

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @sting 

Perhaps you can try this model instead.

Screenshot_2020-12-30 Shaw Mason Chrome Plated Deep Seat Basin Spindle.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks @redracer01 

I'll have a look to see if the Coroma tap handle fits the spindle.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sting,

Great to see you receive such helpful advice from a couple of wonderful members. Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. As you can see, we have helpful members sharing project inspiration and advice on the site every day. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand - we're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

I'm sure the problem has been solved, but thought I'd illustrate the 'extensions' I got from Tradelink Plumbing. I used this for the cold water supply in a shower where the seating was too deep in the wall.

Once the extension is in place you can use the normal sized spindle readily available separately or in a tap kit.

20210120_083059.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects