Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Renovation ideas for bathroom wanted

Venk
Finding My Feet

Renovation ideas for bathroom wanted

Venk_2-1632525128355.jpeg

We bought a new property and planning to renovate our bathroom. This is our first big renovation project other than small interior design and painting work done earlier.

This is 1980s 3 bed 1 bath brick home, we have seperate toilet next to bathroom. The existing layout is very congested with bathtub, We  want another toilet  in bathroom replacing bath tub. This is almost  building new bathroom. Also dont want to change too much in plumbing points. See our plans below and seeking advise.

Venk_0-1632524979162.png

Venk_1-1632525034666.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Renovation ideas for bathroom

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Venk. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your bathroom project.

A great place to start would be with @Adam_W's article on How to plan a bathroom renovation. Be sure to check out our Top 10 most popular bathroom projects for inspiration. If you have any questions, I trust our knowledgeable members will be all willing to lend a hand and answer them for you. 

What you've put together plan wise makes sense if you were not looking to make any significant changes to the plumbing. Installing a toilet will require a larger waste pipe to be installed, though. Are you removing the bath and current shower and installing the new shower yourself? Any changes to the flooring and sink?

We'll be keenly awaiting any questions you have about your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell, 

Thanks for your response. We need to remove shower, tub, vanity and wall tiles. There may be a need for removing wall plaster in shower area due to some leakage marks noticed. The floor need to be redone after removal of old items. Sink position is same but it will be a new one. 

We have original toilet is next to bathroom about 2m long waste pipe may be needed to connect. 

We expect a fair bit of work is there, but trying to make it better.

Venk

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That sounds like a fantastic project @Venk. We'll be waiting with anticipation for any questions you have so we can assist.

You might like to go over some of these step-by-step guides to familiarize yourself with the different elements of this project:

I'll be looking forward to seeing you start your project. Please keep us updated.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Venk 

Here is a sketch of your proposed layout. This should give you a better idea of how the bathroom items will look once they have been put into place. Please have a look at the drawings and tell us what you think. Below is a list of proposed items you can use in your bathroom.

If you wish to see your bathroom in another configuration, please let me know.

Eric

venk bathroom1.jpgvenk bathroom2.jpgvenk bathroom3.jpgvenk bathroom4.jpgvenk bathroom5.jpgvenk bathroomtop.jpg

Venk
Finding My Feet

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for the model and the items selected are also good.

We are planning for a 1000 or 1100 x900 shower to have reasonable size. I doubt we have different widths available in shower screen sizes.

Thanks

Venk

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Venk 

The proposed layout should still work even if you put in an 1100mm glass shower panel. Please make sure to take into consideration how the shower will be installed. It's important that there should be enough room for the shower door to open. The D'Lucci range has a few sizes and the Rick McClean Shower Set also carries the sizes you are after. Most of these showers will have to be specially ordered at your store's Special Orders Desk so please choose carefully before placing your order.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects