Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. portable bike stand

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

D.I.Y. portable bike stand

254B7389-DE66-4093-9D5F-BCB0118E347B.jpeg

We recently had our council hard rubbish clean up so figured it was a good time to organise the storage under our stairs. Our biggest problem was all the bikes, scooters etc. I needed something that I could move the bikes easily when needing to access the storage behind them. So using some timber and bike hooks I bought from Bunnings I created this bike stand on castors. Can’t believe how easy it is now to store them away and move them. After measuring the heights, widths I needed and then cutting all the lengths I was able to knock it over in a day.

2E61E964-58BC-492A-B616-A012C877D079.jpeg8FF34AFF-D978-44D8-90F0-1A59E9B3F925.jpegB4557154-F83A-4B3E-950B-821BDD67BCBD.jpeg54000D53-764C-4E5E-8662-517EEC200083.jpeg559ED363-3898-4A5D-B23D-C216267AC67F.jpeg254B7389-DE66-4093-9D5F-BCB0118E347B.jpeg

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Re: D.I.Y. portable bike stand

Hello @Tara86   I can see you have been busy again.  Looks great and look at all the time you save, space as well.  Only having to move one instead of two and being up off the ground like that you will never back over one... Awesome gal... Looks great.

this Old Gal

Loredana
Just Starting Out

Pls email me the plans ASAP 

bebgregg
Getting Established

Hi tara 86

You are inspirational.   Is it possible for me to get an email copy of the material list and step by step instructions for the Bike stand.  

Thanks

Bebgregg

bebgregg
Getting Established

Hi tara86

How would i go about making bike stand for 1 bike only. Im a novice D.I.Y. Learner.  

Cheers Ms B

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Loredana

You can find Tara's plans and list of materials here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/D-I-Y-portable-bike-stand/m-p/28339#M1304

@bebgregg 

Do you need the stand to be portable like Tara's, or would something like this fit your needs? - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/Hanging-bikes-in-garage/m-p/26373

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community to you both. Great to see you've been inspired by @Tara86's fantastic work. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project or have something to share.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@Loredana @bebgregg  If you can PM your email address I can send you the plans. 

@bebgregg if you want to do it for only one bike you can still use the same dimensions or can make the cuts shorter. I’m happy to help write up plans for one bike if you’d like?

@Old-gal24 @TempestSkye7  thanks heaps for such lovely compliments. It’s been a great help for me in the garage!

Jimi
Making a Splash

Love the idea of the castors!

bebgregg
Getting Established

Hi jason

Thanks for welcome.  Im checking out tomorrow if i could use the vertical wall hanger.  

I think i will need to go with tara's 86 portable  bike stand, however  materials  and instructions for 1 bike only.   

Thanks 

damo_
Cultivating a Following

Great project Tara & thanks for the details picture - I might try a more permanent version to mount in a shed

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @damo_

We're looking forward to seeing what you can create. Fantastic to see you've been inspired by Tara's popular project. As you can see, we have loads of clever and creative members on the site sharing helpful advice and project inspiration every day. We trust you'll get loads of assistance and inspo for all your projects around the house and garden from our amazing community.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects