Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help with cutting corrugated iron with a Ryobi Airwave Nibbler from Bunnings

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Help with cutting corrugated iron with a Ryobi Airwave Nibbler from Bunnings

Good morning to all in the Community. 

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some tips or tricks on using nibblers on Colourbond. I bought the drill attachment version 10 months ago and we'll have been fighting that for a while.

Yesterday I bought the Ryobi Airwave Nibbler for my compressor attachment and I'm still struggling.

On the S Colourbond I can go down hill alright but then as I turn up it just won't cut at all ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Any tips ladies and gentlemen?

@Jason do you have any members you could recommend or link this post too?

It would be much appreciated.

Kind regards Rob Colbert ๐Ÿ˜

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: HELP with cutting corrugated iron with a Ryobi Airwave Nibbler from Bunnings

Hi Rob (@gippslandhome),

Sorry to read of your trouble. As it's a really specific issue, have you tried contacting Ryobi directly? 

Happy to tag some members if you don't get any nibbles from the community.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: HELP with cutting corrugated iron with a Ryobi Airwave Nibbler from Bunnings

Thanks @Jason for your reply.

It's not so much a problem with the tool but the fella behind the tool ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Just needing some tips.

Perhaps @ProjectPete may be able to help?

๐Ÿ˜

Sorry btu haven't used the tool before @gippslandhome. I've only cut corrugated iron with grinder and jigsaw (very carefully) before. Then filed off any sharp spots.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Help with cutting corrugated iron with a Ryobi Airwave Nibbler from Bunnings

While I sit in the has a metal cutting circular saw camp, I did find a demo that shows how easy/hard it is to use nibblers.

Looking at the manual they show the tool held in line with the cut, where the video has the cutter at 90 deg. 16 years of metalwork has given me a healthy respect for using angle grinders to cut things especialy after someone dropped one and earned the nickname of stumpy.

Re: Help with cutting corrugated iron with a Ryobi Airwave Nibbler from Bunnings

its all in the angle you hold and direct the nibbler, I have used the drill attachment and the Airwave one, I will see if I have an old piece of roofing and do a video, once you get it its easy sailing :smile:

@TheSaltyreefer mate if you find the time to do that it would be awesome.

I'm struggling with both the old Irwin drill attachment and the new Airwave Nibbler.

Great on flat material and going on all sorts of angles but Corry is killing me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards Rob ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks so much for the video @Brad .

No matter which way I hold my tounge it's just not happening ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

I will keep trying ๐Ÿ‘

You know if you turn the sheet over you can cut down hill again just don't tell anyone and they will never know.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and stand upside down

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects