Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How does the Stella Garden shed #3316926 fix to the ground?

Milena
Just Starting Out

How does the Stella Garden shed #3316926 fix to the ground?

Before I purchase. Just wanting to know how this DIY KIT Fixes to the floor? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Stella Garden shed #3316926 set up.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Milena. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Stilla garden sheds.

What type of surface is the shed being placed on? The fixing method will differ depending on whether you are fixing into a concrete slab, pavers, heavy-duty floor or rebated floor. Here's some information on the different types. Angled brackets will be used on concrete slabs or pavers, and if you're purchasing one of the kits, the shed is screwed directly into the flooring kit.

I'm keen to hear more about what type of base you're using and provide further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Depends on what floor you want. If you're forking out the big bucks for a shed with the quality like this, I'd always recommend laying a concrete slab, out of all the options you could go with, this one will last the longest. 

If you do go down the slab route, go with Anchor Bolts to really hunker it down, alternativly, grab some heavy duty ‘L’ Shaped brackets and dynabolts and go to town around the inside of your shed, just remember to seal it up in the process. 

I know a number of Bunnings stores have these set up (with the manual on the inside of it), might be worth giving a call to a few places to see if they do if you wanna check it out before purchasing.  

Remarka6le

I haven't decided yet that is why I am asking. I probably need to see a picture or a YouTube demo of how it actually fits to the floor with different bases so I can decide. So far what I have seen is not focusing on  the floor, and only on the timber. 

Is it possible to have something with a little more focus on the floor attachment. 

I am thinking if it is on pavers a strong gust of wind will have the shed flying? 

And on a concrete floor dyna bolts will probably need to be used?

Sorry for being a pain, but being a single female who is pretty independent I need  to have a bit more info.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Milena

Here is a link to a typical concrete shed anchor - Absco Sheds Concrete Anchor Set - 4 Pack. This anchor contains 4 heavy duty angle brackets, nuts, bolts and Dynabolts. Some sheds require more because of their size, but you must always use four anchors for a shed. A properly anchored shed will give you peace of mind that should a storm come around your place, you won't' be picking up pieces of your shed from the neighbours.  

Some areas have very strict council rules when it comes to anchoring your shed. I recommend having a look at your local council's rules and regulations regarding the installation of a shed. I often suggest that if you're planning on buying a shed, it's best to consider laying down a concrete slab as well. Having a concrete slab solves a few questions in regards to what type of flooring you'll put in and how the shed will be anchored.

Unfortunately, the reverse often happens and the shed is purchased before the floor is prepared. Now you'll have to grapple with the issue of flooring and anchoring. The other option is building a timber frame, this is the second option for flooring and anchoring. You'll need to use heavy sleepers to form a frame and anchor the shed to it.

I don't recommend anchoring your shed to pavers. Due to its unpredictability, you can't be sure if it will be strong enough to hold the shed down in high winds. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.  

Here are some handy links for your reference:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects