Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix cracked concrete floor in shed?

Sath
Growing in Experience

How to fix cracked concrete floor in shed?

My shed which is now waterproof( see my earlier thread) has a crack in the concrete floor. I am planning to put some carpet tiles but want to fix the crack. What are my options ? There is existing sealant but i think thats only at the top. See pictures.

IMG_3446.jpgIMG_3447.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix cracked concrete floor in shed?

Hi @Sath,

When you say you want to fix the crack, is there moisture penetrating through? If the existing sealer is doing its job, I'd be inclined to just lay your tiles over it. If you wanted to fill the rest of the gap, you could add some more sealer so it's slightly proud of the surface and then wipe the excess off, leaving it flush with the surrounding concrete. 

Alternatively, you could remove all the sealer and replace it with Gripset Betta 1L Concrete Crack Filler. However, you'll only ever be able to fill the top section of the crack, as it would be difficult to get any filler to penetrate the slab's full depth.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sath
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell. I dont see any moisture coming through but the existing sealant is not fully covering the crack. I might try the concrete crack filler. I am planning to use carpet tiles in my shed, i have a bucket of carpet tile adhesive. Anything i need to keep in mind?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Sath 

My only reminder is to make sure to give the concrete crack filler enough time to cure. Once it's ready, then you can start laying down your carpet tiles.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your carpet tiles laid out.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects