Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Impending hypoxia?

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Impending hypoxia?

Earlier this year during the intense COVID lock-down I purchased a Trade Flame oxygen/propane torch kit. It was massively reduced on clearance and I asked why - I was told Bunnings was getting rid of them as customers preferred the oxygen/acetylene range.

Not a problem I thought, I'm very happy with the oxygen/propane set up.

Then yesterday, I noticed every oxygen/propane/acetylene accessory on the wall was on clearance. Staff present couldn't give a clear picture as to why apart from "removing items that don't sell."

My "concern" now is does this mean Bunnings is getting out completely of the gas range and Oxygen will soon not be available?

Would you be able to look into this for me please Mitchell?  @MitchellMc 

Cheers!

Graeme.

Disappearing?Disappearing?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Impending Hypoxia?

Hi Graeme (@Noyade), 

I'll look into this first thing after the weekend and update you as soon as I have an answer.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Graeme (@Noyade),

I've followed up with our buyers and what's happening is a range review and not a range removal. Many of the oxygen/propane/acetylene accessories are on clearance now, and the new products to replace them will become available in the new year. We are not removing this range from our stores, just improving it.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

That's good to know Mitchell 👍

Thanks for looking into this for me - much appreciated.

Graeme.

Because if Bunnings stopped selling the Size D oxygen cylinders - you would have to enter into some sort of rental agreement with the likes of BOC?

It wouldn't be worth my while. :unhappy:

Cheers again!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade,

That might be location-specific unavailability of size D oxygen cylinders. My local store still stocks them. I'll reach out via PM for more details on your location so I can investigate.

Mitchell

It's all good Mitchell. My local Bunnings has the Size D cylinders.

My thought process was if they are getting rid of all the accessories - then they may be getting rid of the cylinders.

Clearly this isn't the case - so once again, thanks for looking into it.  :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects