Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mack truck (wooden model)

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Mack truck (wooden model)

Mack Truck 1.jpg

My first project at the XMRC Shed - a Semi Trailer Mack Truck Model.
I bought the Plans for this model quite some time ago but never seemed to be able to allocate time to make it at home, so it was ideal as my first project at the community Shed.
It has been quite a test of patience and skill and whilst there are stores where you can buy ready made wheels and axles and other components, I chose to build everything from scratch.
I did have a number of progress pictures leading up to this point but am still trying to recover those from a Hard Drive crash.
There is a lot of detailed work which can't be seen with the chassis and undercarriage for both the truck and the trailer.
It has been both frustrating and satisfying thus far and is a world away from my usual woodworking tasks.

Wood Working with Wayne
StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Mack truck (wooden model)

Hi @Wayne,

Did you end up finishing this truck with paint or stain? It would be lovely to see an update on your progress.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bigrigmodels
Growing in Experience

Re: Mack Truck (Wooden Model)

Hi @Wayne

I have just joined the Bunnings Workshop Community, and thank you most kindly for the compliment about my Truck Plans, which have now become heaps more detailed & realistic, as I relocated to Minlaton several years ago where I am good mates with Kneebone Transport & as their Minlaton yard is, ( literally ) just round the corner, & down the street a bit, I have heaps of photos of their fleet of Kenworth Trucks.

I am still on facebook where I am admin for about a dozen or so groups,- some are for woodworking, & some are for real Trucks, therefore anyone interested you are most welcome to look me up.

Your old mate,

Roger Jenkins,

Minlaton.

Southern Yorke Peninsula,

South Aust.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects