Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mobile workbench with Specrite timber top

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Mobile workbench with Specrite timber top

IMG_4905.JPG

Hi, I decided to change my existing mobile work bench to a  smaller one, 916mm x 600mm.

I purchased laminated timber from Bunnings 

Specrite Laminated panel Okoume FJ Laminated 

JoeAzza_0-1661765323000.png

I purchased the base material and assembled it at home, I then cut the timber to the size required and coated it with satin varnish clear coat and fitted it to the base.

IMG_4855.JPGIMG_4856.JPGIMG_4857.JPGIMG_4859.JPGIMG_4860.JPGIMG_4861.JPGIMG_4862.JPGIMG_4870.JPGIMG_4886.JPGIMG_4904.JPG

Previous mobile bench

IMG_4887.JPGIMG_4888.JPGIMG_4889.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mobile work bench Specrite timber top

Hi @JoeAzza

Thank you very much for sharing your new mobile workbench. It's a bit hard to see from the photo, but did you make the table the same height as your table saw? That would certainly come in handy if you had to cut long pieces. The castor wheels are a nice addition as it makes it easier to reposition the table.

Again, thank you for sharing such a great-looking workbench.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Lookes awesome @JoeAzza, will you be adding any accessories to it or do you keep it barebones to make it easier to cart around? Love the Varnish, well done! 

Remarka6le
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi

@EricL  thank you, yes I made it so I could use it as an out feed table for the saw and same height as my main workbench too.

@Remarka6le thank you, maybe later on I might add drawers or shelves underneath. I wanted a small mobile work bench  so I can wheel it outside of the workshop/garage when required.

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

@JoeAzza , Awesome! It's certainly built for the task you've designed it for :laugh: 

Remarka6le

Looks great Joe.

Was it the 'perfect' height straight outta the box - matching the Triton height with the wooden top? Or was it trial and error with spacers?

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

My 'problem' (I have many!) is I work outside and nothing is level. So I investigated many gigs and rigs that would accompany my table saw to support large pieces to cut. Probably the one that worked best (especially with the band saw) was this...

Roller-skate wheels that fitted into a support that can be raised/lowered and the best part - tilted. And almost friction-less...

Odd- but it does work!Odd- but it does work!

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

@Noyade  that's a great idea, the mobile work bench I made replaces another one that had very small wheels , which was hard to move over uneven concrete, this workbench is smaller, larger wheels, I have been using it as my new go to work bench. It was the right height with the timber top for my Triton saw.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects